What I want to say doesn't always come out right!

A blog about life, love and the journey through it all.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I was havin' a good day...

mindin' my own business when I decided to check the mail. It'd been a few days. So I grab it, begin to sort it and stop dead in my tracks when an enveloe with familiar handwriting is staring me in the face. I look at it then flip it over. No return address. Should I open it? Should I throw it away? Oh what the hell!
" Dear Weda,
Hey you! Remember me? Hope so. Cause I have not forgotten about you.
Every time I see a Cubs game on the tube I think of you & I when we went to the game and I see the section we sat at. Boy what a time that was. It was the best. Bet you wish you were a sox fan! HAHAHA! It's okay, I'll let you change over.
So you have to tell me how you've been. I'm sure you are doing fine. An you boys are probably taller than you. So are you still with Robert? I wonder if you married him or moved in with him.
I'm still in Crystal Lake. Right off Main St. Behind La Rosita store. You can see Duke's from my crib.
So I don't want to write too much. Hey I work at Kohl's in the evenings and weekends. You should stop by. I'll give you my discount on anything you admire. 15% on clothes and 10% on shoes. Well you take care. Here is my phone # ***-***-****. Please call me or text me. Soon! So anxious to here from you.
Your friend,
the loco Tejano"

Anyway, if you couldn't tell, that is an exboyfriend. More pointedly, the one I was engaged to that cheated on me with his wife. I can't figure out why he would want to contact me after all this time. I talked to him about a month after Robert and I started dating. I told him to leave me alone because I was looking for some happiness in my life. After reading the letter I began to reminisce (and I feel only a little guilty for that) about us. He actually made me feel loved and wanted. Even after he cheated with her he was coming to my house begging my forgiveness telling me he loved me more than life itself. But I stuck to my guns about not being with a cheater. And after reading it, I know I made the right choice. The last time I talked to him he and his wife and kids were moving to Texas. He would leave me alone but he would forever love me. Apparently things didn't work out with his wife and Texas. Should have stayed true, babe. Should have stayed true.
I will not contact him. It would be wrong. Not only that, I don't have the desire to. The past is the past. Besides, what would I tell him? That my life is teetering on the edge of sanity? No, better to let sleeping dogs lie. I don't think I could be with him again anyway. He was more drama than Robert and I put together. I must admit though we did have a fantastic time together! We were the party no matter where we showed up! Okay, enough of this. I'm going to call Robert. And no, I am not going to tell him my past is trying to catch up with me. I see no need for it. It will only increase our drama. I am his alone.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger TRUTHZ said...

    maybe the letter is the answer to your prayer...he has answers to questions you have been asking yourself...answerings to why you keep falling for men that disrespect you by cheating on you...maybe they didn't work out cuz he loved you and couldn't get over hurting you...never know...but sometimes we have to confront our past to embrace our future... (hey, i like that, imma write it down somewhere)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home