What I want to say doesn't always come out right!

A blog about life, love and the journey through it all.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Finding myself despite myself

The talk went well. I told Robert that I need to find myself to make myself happy before I could make him happy. He agreed with me and said he loved me despite of my apparent bouts of irratonality (Is that even a word?) Anyway, I am still taking things one day at a time and have decided to do more things for me and fit him in when I need to. I told him this and told him that in no way did it mean that I would ignore him or blow him off but I needed to find me again. Not the crazy party girl me cuz that is WAY over, but the me who had standards and dignity and was okay with who I was and could be alone and still be happy. That woman is in me somewhere and she needs to come back. That is who he fell in love with to begin with right? I was outgoing and carefree and did whatever I pleased without worrying what he thought and now I am submissive and constantly trying to please him without regard for myself. If I end up not being with him after "finding" myself, I will be okay because that is who I was at one time. I could live without a man. The only difference is now I don't want to live without him. I guess in a way I have grown in this relationship. But I will only take it one day at a time. I love him. That is what is important. I need to be happy. Whether with him or without him.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Pinky said...

    Good for you! =D

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger TRUTHZ said...

    i am happy... missed you...stop by sometimes and show me some love.. cuz you will see once you move on, there will be plenty of other drama to keep you going.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home