What I want to say doesn't always come out right!

A blog about life, love and the journey through it all.

Friday, February 17, 2006

A single red rose

Things have been crazy here lately. Robert and I have been going strong after talking. Valentine's day was good. I was disappointed that all I got from him was a rose. I mean, we're talking 2 years here, not two months. I bought him a freaking Bears jersey. I wish I could say it's the thought that counts but how much thought goes into a gas station rose? His sister called me up and asked what we had done and what he got me. I told her we went to dinner and he got me a rose. I said in his defense that he took me to dinner for V day. She said ( and I quote!) "Uh-Uh! No! Dinner is not a gift! Dinner is where you talk and enjoy each other and show the whole world you're a couple in love. So all you got was a rose. You got gypped!" And she's right! 2 years? A rose? A dozen might have been a better gift and I wouldn't be so disappointed in him. It's not like I'm expecting a ring or anything. I'm not even comfortable with jewelry yet with him because of our past. I mean, he goes from getting me a digital camera for Xmas to a rose? Call me selfish or whatever, but I spent more on his gift than he did on dinner and his rose. Maybe I am being ungrateful, but some thought put into something would be nice. Anyone can buy a rose.
I'm going to a funeral today. My best friend's grandma died. It's funny because she was more of a grandma to me than my own grandmother. Pretty sad. So I have to go get ready. Oh yeah, and I will see the ex-boyfriend that I shouldn't have dumped today for the first time since we broke up. Figures, I look like shit cuz I got my haircut and the bitch screwed it up! Bad! Looks to be an interesting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home